Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Position type: Full time
Area(s) of expertise desired:
Kumquat Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. Kumquat brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
Essential Job Functions
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the Finance team and delivering assigned Accounts Payable responsibilities. This position requires the ability to multitask in a fast-paced professional environment while working with customers across the entire organization with a focus on customer satisfaction and continuous process improvement.
- Process accounts payable invoices, obtain appropriate levels of approvals and supporting documentation, code invoices and pay according to payment terms.
- Prepare and process weekly check runs and wire/ACH payments. Generate manual checks as needed.
- Reconcile corporate credit cards
- Prepare monthly recurring vendor accruals
- Review and process expense reports according to the Company’s travel and expense report policies and procedures.
- Research and process vendor claims of invoice payment.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors or inconsistencies in financial entries, A/P documentation and reports.
- Proactively recognize, investigate and act to resolve discrepancies; utilize critical thinking to ensure accurate data and quality processing.
- Process requisitions for Purchase Orders, place orders with vendors
- Maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Maintain vendor payable files and related document files.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate expense allocation on employee expense reports.
- Prepare and file 1099 forms
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Associates/Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience or recent Accounting degree
- Prior work experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or life sciences industry a plus
- Experience in using expense reporting platforms
- Experience using Point Purchasing or similar accounts payable software a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word;
- Must possess an understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Must be professional and ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter and dynamic team player
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Must excel have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org