Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Position type: Full time
Job Code: KB-DMPK
Required education: Ph.D. Degree /Master’s Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree
Area(s) of expertise desired: Life Science or Chemistry
Kumquat Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. Kumquat brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Research Scientist or Associate to join our experienced drug discovery and development team in San Diego. This candidate will report to the Sr. Director of DMPK and work closely with members within DMPK, biology and chemistry team to drive early discovery research programs into early clinical development while providing scientific and technical expertise.
This is a hands-on position with responsibility in quantitative bioanalysis of plasma and other biological matrices for PK study and conducting in-vitro ADME studies. The successful candidate will have strong technical expertise in bioanalysis using LC-MS/MS systems (e.g. Sciex or Agilent) and other bioanalytical methods (UV, fluorescence, and etc.). He/She should be highly motivated with excellent organizational and reporting skills and will perform routine and investigative in-vivoand in-vitroADME/PK studies in support of drug discovery and early development of small molecules.
- Develop bioanalytical LC-MS/MS methods for the quantitative analysis of small molecule drugs.
- Conductin-vitrometabolic stability, permeability, and cytochrome P450 inhibition as well as other DMPK assays.
- Document, organize/interpret experimental data.
- Prepare and communicate research results in both oral and written format
- Experience with cell-culture work, automation platform and permeability study is a plus.
- Bachelor/Master and 4+ years of industrial experience or a Ph.D. with fewer years of industrial experience.
- Extensive knowledge of DMPK science and good experience in applying DMPK concepts to drug discovery and drug development.
- Experience in the field of enzyme inhibition and working with primary hepatocytes is highly desirable.
- Practical hands on laboratory knowledge, including LC-MS/MS.
- Good organizational, record keeping, communication and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage work independently while working effectively in a team is required.
- Enthusiasm and motivated team player with a can-do attitude and good interpersonal skills.
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com