Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Position type: Permanent
Required education: B.S. with 5+ years research experience /M.S. / or Ph.D
Area(s) of expertise desired:In vitro cell based assays and cancer biology
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative bachelor’s, master’s, and/or PhD level scientist to join our experienced drug discovery and development team evaluating novel therapies for cancer and inflammatory diseases. The scientist will have a background in using pre-clinical cancer models to evaluate new drug candidates. The person will contribute to our goal of bringing forward novel first-in-class drugs. The ideal candidate design, support, & execute cancer cell screening assays and support translational biology activities. The successful candidate will interact with a highly dynamic team of scientists to evaluate novel drug candidates, mechanisms of action, and combination therapies. This candidate will work closely with team members across our research programs and serve within our oncology & translational medicine team.
Kumquat Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. Kumquat brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as an approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
Bachelor’s with 5+ years industry experience in drug discovery/master’s or Ph.D with industry experience with technical and scientific expertise in drug discovery and pre-clinical development.
- Expertise in adherent and suspension tissue culture and in vitro cell based assays
- Expertise in molecular techniques (DNA/RNA extraction, cloning, transfection/transduction, RNAi, ELISA, western blotting)
- Serve within the oncology team to support pre-clinical compound screening, exploratory biology and combination therapy studies, and evaluate target mechanisms of action.
- Be an effective team player in a collaborative matrix-working environment.
- Be a strong individual contributor, flexible, innovative, and able to work on multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner.
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org