Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Position type: Full time
Required education: Ph.D
Area(s) of expertise desired:
Kumquat Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. Kumquat brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative recent Ph.D to join our experienced drug discovery and development team evaluating novel therapies for cancer and inflammatory diseases. The postdoc will have a background in cancer models and drug evaluation (small-molecule experience). The person will contribute to our goal of bringing forward novel first-in-class drugs. The ideal candidate will design, support, & execute immune and cancer cell screening assays and support translational biology activities. The successful candidate will interact with a highly dynamic team of scientists to evaluate novel drug candidates, mechanisms of action, and combination therapies. This candidate will work closely with team members across our research programs and serve within our oncology & translational medicine team.
- Serve within the immunology team to support exploratory biology, including combination therapy studies, and evaluating target mechanisms of action.
- Be an effective team player in a collaborative matrix-working environment
- Be a strong individual contributor, flexible, innovative, and able to work on multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner
Recent Ph.D (less than 1-2 years of receiving Ph.D) with technical and scientific expertise in immunology, cell biology, drug discovery experience preferred.
- Expertise in primary and cell line tissue culture and in vitro cell based assays
- Expertise in primary immune cell culture (magnetic based purification, proliferation/differentiation assays…etc).
- Expertise in cellular and molecular techniques (Multi-color flow cytometry (at least 5-8 colors), DNA/RNA extraction, cloning, transfection/transduction, RNAi, ELISA, western blotting)
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19: is required subject to legally required exceptions. Kumquat is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com